Support » Plugin: WP Job Manager » Search function not working and filter
Search function not working and filter
Even when putting in this code this does not work so I have removed the code.
I think the code for showing filters on this page is not 100% correct either.
I want to show jobs with a filter enabled and no code I have tried works, what is the correct code please?
[jobs per_page=”12″ show_filters=”true”]
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
Have you done any initial troubleshooting yet? If not, please temporarily switch to Twenty Seventeen, which is one of the default WordPress themes. You can do this by installing a plugin that only switches the theme for the current user, linked below:
See if the filters work as they should, and if they do, you’ll need to contact your theme’s developer to see if they can help you troubleshoot.
If things still don’t work properly with Twenty Seventeen, please try checking for conflicting plugins.
To do so, temporarily disable all plugins but WP Job Manager (and related addons), and see if the issue resolves. If it does, try activating your plugins one-by-one and try to reproduce the problem. If it comes back when you activate a particular plugin, you’ve found the culprit.
Just a side-note; before you deactivate your plugins, we recommend that you make a full backup of your site.
Let us know what you find.
Thank you for this. I have disabled every single plugin and checked, still not working.
I have also enabled the 2017 theme, still not working.
Can anyone please assist further? Thank you
Apologies for the delayed response. Can you contact us via this form, and reference this thread? I’d like to do a bit deeper troubleshooting on this.
I’m marking this thread as Resolved, since it’s been more than a month since the last reply. If you still need help, definitely let us know here, and mark the thread Unresolved.
Support » Plugin: WooCommerce » Search Function Not Working
Search Function Not Working
The update released on Thursday (3.3.3) has only fixed the search function at the backend and not on my website. Ie. I can now search using SKU etc in my ‘Products’ page in order to update quantity etc…but my customers are not able to search for products by title/key words when they are shopping.
This makes it look like I do not have any products at all.
Can you please confirm when the next update will take place in rectify this issue.
Automattic Happiness Engineer
I’m not able to reproduce the same problem on my test site with WooCommerce 3.3.3:
Did you have a chance to check if the problem still happens with Twenty Seventeen theme and only WooCommerce active? If that’s a live site you can use WP Staging to clone the whole site and try the test there. If that solves the problem, you can enable plugins one by one to find the one that makes the difference.
Thank you so much for your help @madeincosmos
I downloaded used the plugin WP Staging to identify the plugin ‘Relevanssi’ was causing the conflict.
I deactivated it on the staging site and was able to find products using a search word.
Logged out of the staging site and logged into my live site. I then deactivated it there and the problem is gone 🙂
Sorry for the long reply but I thought I would detail what steps I took in order to help others that might come across the same issue.
PS> I also downloaded plugin ‘BackWPup’ to download my wordpress site before i did any of the above (as recommended).
WordPress search not working- How to fix in 5 minutes!
Published by muthali ganeshon January 12, 2019 January 12, 2019
Let’s face it- the default wordpress search is not great. If yourВ wordpress search is notВ working it could manifest in one of the following ways-
- wordpress search box is not displaying on your site.
- wordpress search box is not returning results.
- wordpress search results page is not loading after user entered search query.
- wordpress search is not returning certain posts in search results.
In this article weВ will discuss on how to fix this issueВ withoutВ writing any code.
Here are easy steps to fix yourВ wordpress search notВ workingissue-
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from wordpress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your wordpress website url and click on next->
- Wait for crawl of your wordpress site to complete.
- Login to your wordpress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s wordpress plugin, click on that .В
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel (В hereВ ).
- Copy paste your site id in your wordpress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan from here.(Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- Thats it ! Your brand new wordpress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your wordpress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your wordpress search results page.
- Snapshot of your wordpress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didnt work, you can add the code fromВ https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/codeВ and add it to your wordpress PHP code.